Candidates from Law firms are preferred with background in Regulatory and transnational services
– Work closely with the rest of the Legal Department to develop and maintain the legal obligations for businesses in APAC.
– Monitor, identify, and document changes in legal and regulatory developments for India and other APAC jurisdictions as necessary.
– Provide written summaries of legal and regulatory developments to programme stakeholders, including the Legal Department, the business, and other corporate functions, and advise on such developments as needed.
– Research and analyse laws, regulations and rules to assess applicability and impact
– Collaborate with internal line of business lawyers to respond to questions from the business and corporate functions about the legal obligations.
– Instruct and liaise with external counsel as required.
– Conduct gap analyses on the completeness and accuracy of legal obligations in APAC.
– Develop subject matter expertise on products and services offered as required.
– Assist with the development of policies, procedures and controls.
– Participate in legal and other firm wide projects.
– Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 7+ years- experience obtained in private practice or in-house at a financial institution.
– Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
– Excellent legal research and writing skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to comprehensively and concisely summarise legal and regulatory developments for distribution to a non-legal audience.
Preferred Skills :
– Prior experience in financial services regulation in India and/or other APAC jurisdictions, particularly with regard to regulation of financial products.
– Good team player and ability to develop strong relationships with the business, corporate functions, and internal stakeholders.
– Strong analytical and collaborative skills, and ability to work independently.
– Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
– Ability to manage competing priorities and to co-ordinate among a wide range of internal stakeholders.
– Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
Maternity and Paternity Benefits